Monday, May 19, 2008

Time Warp

Obviously; it's been a while since my last entry. We have been working on the yard, running back and forth to numerous nurseries in the area ( don't wanna hit the same one too many times in a row: might appear to be a yard-junkie! must evenly distribute visits amongst all locations in the area to appear copascetic!) Guess what?! Everyone here is frantic as the next to get color into their life! In line at the neighborhood greenhouses; we all make breathless comments of forced blumes, $30.00 hanging baskets, six, seven trips to get annuals in one day! It's just crazy: the plantings, the guilty pleasure of fertilizer; the raking of leaves and sweeping the gravel off the street in front of our own homes (something we just did a week ago...) It must be SAD (seasonal affective disorder) or what I call LOS (lack of sunshine). The short summers here make up for that somewhat; because of the extended hours of daylight. People tend to be fervent: like little beavers, or an army of ants to get everything accomplished in the limited time available. All too soon, the sumer will fade into fall for a day or two; and before you know it: BOOM! Nine months of winter, again! I'm gonna get mine while I can! (my precious!)

8 comments:

Doug and Amanda said...

Mom, I've been telling you that you need to get help. Both of you. What with your addiction to everything "spring" and Karl's obsession with the bike, I sense trouble. But I guess I don't want you to give it up until after we visit--I can't wait to see your garden!

Q said...

Dear Vikki,
Enjoy each minute of sunshine and daylight.
Nine months of winter? You are a brave girl.
Hope to see pictures of your colorful gardens.
Sherry

NameChanged said...

mom,

yours is a healthy obsession. i can't wait to see you. your geraniums are still alive, so kudos to both of us!

kkryno said...

Well, Mandy-Laine; there are no veggies this year due to the tomato fiasco in Valdez last year (unless you count the lone plant that Karl purchased: I am not responsible!) There are a kazillion annuals though, along with a few perennials as I'm not sure of what will winter well here. I am anxious for your arrival!xxoo

kkryno said...

Dear Sherry, Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy your blog so much that a visit from you is so welcome. Ipromise to write on a more consistant basis now that most of the front yard is complete(there is still most of the back yard...hmmm) Love, Vikki ;)

kkryno said...

Michele, I can't wait for you all to get here! We have the car seat and base; the companion stroller, and the high chair. Let me know of any thing else, and also brain-sorm with AmanDoug on any recipes you have a hankerin' for! :0) Love, mommie.

kkryno said...

Oh, yes! And kudos to the geraniums! They've been around! It's somewhat ironic that they will end up back in their old neck of the woods. xxoo

kkryno said...

I have REALLY got to check my spelling! SHEEZZ!