Friday, May 23, 2008

Enzyte=Argh!!!!!!!

Is it just me; or was Christmas DONE just over five friggin' months ago! This doesn't seem to affect the fatuous brainiacs who created that wonderful (snark) product Enzyte. No; they keep thrusting (sorry) this discusting line of advertising at us. I, for one, am quite nauseated by the guy with the uber-lunatic, Chester-the-Molester grin in these 'mercials. The one I find most disturbing, however; is the one where said creepy dude dons the traditional red suit and is referred to as the "chubby Santa". Please make it stop!!! If I have to hear that Leave it to Beaver-esqe jingle one more time, my eyes will literally pop out of my head and burst into flame!!! For your added pleasure, let's runs those lovely numbers back-to-back, like this slimy act of repetition will generate a stampede to purchase this miracle substance. They used to only show this on late-night programing, but no more! Now, we are bombarded with this nonsense during daytime television as well. Oh, the hummanity!!! Stop the madness! Remember when they wouldn't even show tampon commercials. Those were the days...

3 comments:

Doug and Amanda said...

I completely agree! What is with the shameless advertising these days? I was just listening to the song "Tell Me 'Bout the Good Ol' Days" by the Judds(?). They should add something in there about when private issues used to be private and people used to be tactful. THOSE were the good ol' days!

kkryno said...

I know! I'm not asking for a return to when married couples depicted on television were relegated to sleeping in twin beds. I just would like to see a modicum of tactfulness restored to society in general. A touch of manners wouldn't hurt either. Maybe some day... Love, mom.

NameChanged said...

enzyte is one of the signs of the apocalypse. when later civilizations look back on our ads, they will think that every man had erectile dysfunction, and that every woman was "in love" with her shampoo.

Don't even get me started on the f-ing axe ads. Grr.

Hey mom, check out the Assvertising series at Shakesville. (just type assvertising into the search on the site)