Friday, May 29, 2009
I've been tagged by Saoirse Daily2 with a short meme:
The rules are:
1. Link to the person or persons who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Copy these questions but add your own answers to them
4. Add one question to the last one, don’t forget to answer your own question
4. Tag as many as you feel like but you have to a least tag one
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
7. If anyone catches this out in blog world is welcome to jump on board
1. Has the Economy effected you? Yes, we were thinking of buying a car, but now we'd rather think of savings. We are also trying to find more creative ways to do any home improvements around the house.
2. What flowers are blooming in our garden? Petunias, sweet peas and snap dragons. None of my perennials from last year wintered over. I'll just have to try again!
3. What are clouds like your area now? There's a grey and dreary blanket of clouds over Anchorage today and has been for the last three days. Yuck!
4. Do you ware glasses? I just started wearing glasses to read last year; but I noticed a rapid decline in my eyesight about three years ago.
5. Do you have a Target where you live? There is a Target on Muldoon. They also have one in Wasilla which we refer to as "The Deliverance Target."
6. Have you read 10 10 10? No, now I'll have to look that one up!
7. How many letters in your middle name? Three.
8. What is a good motto? "No thanks; I just had a bar of soap!"
9. What was the last movie you saw and rate it. "Benjamin Button." We just watched it with K's cousins. I thought it was lovely and would reccomend it at about a 9. Of course I'm a big sap!
10. What are you having/did you have for breakfast? Fried eggs and bacon with potatoes and wheat toast. Can't go wrong with a classic!
I'll tag Amanda.
Sorry I've been an absent blogger as of late. We welcomed some unexpected company into our home last week. They will be with us for awhile, and it gives me the oppotunity to be a mother hen once again. I'll have to start staying up a little later so I can catch up with the internets! ;)
Posted by kkryno at 11:27 AM
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Spring has sprung!
This rings true when the various fleets of street sweepers begin marching through the neighborhoods and buroughs. The dirt and dust from months of sanding to allow for traction now casts an unwanted cloud over the greater Anchorage area. The arrival of the sweepers is so celebrated that this event is usually the lead story on the evening news! I have to admit that I'm glad to see them this year too. The usual spring/summer Alaskan scurrying about is a sight for sore eyes.
I too, am ready for sunshine and gardening and relatives.
Well; I'm ready to make those preparations now. For all seven of them, at once!
Wish me luck!
Posted by kkryno at 1:15 PM