Here's a picture of our refrigerator. Voila!!! This is in response to D-Cup's tag for this fun meme. I'm sure everyone has a similar mess as the fridge seems to be the go-to spot replacing the bulletin board in every home that I know. I'll try to shed some light on some of our most treasured items on display here:
1. There are several advert magnets for various businesses around Anchorage ripped from the covers of our six(yes, 6)phone books dumped on our doorstep all in the span of one week; weighing 15 lbs. Whew!
2. Photos of my best friend's niece and nephew. Gawd; they've grown so fast. There is also a photo of Bev and Les; every one's surrogate grandparents and a lot of fun. They've worked hard all their lives and never lost that wonderful sense of humor, no matter what.
3. There is the announcement of the birth of my first grandchild. You all know how I feel about her.
4. A mosaic painted pony holds a recipe that I plan to spring on K.(when he least expects it, of course!)
5. Two of my favorite magnets are the growling grizzly bear and the one with King Kong climbing the Empire State Building. My youngest gave that to me as a souvenir when she returned from a choir trip to New York.
6. My fortune cookie message revealing my "lucky" lotto numbers is being held in place by a magnet declaring free pizza delivery from a ristaurante whose location is roughly 2000 miles away. I wonder if it's guaranteed to still be warm when said pizza arrives?
7. Speaking of pizza; there are at least five ads for pizza places, including one for Mike's Pizza Palace in Valdez, AK. They are no longer in operation. Good pizza: dirty kitchen. Eeewww!
8. Did I mention that I like pizza? I do but not as much evidenced by the appearance of our fridge-scape! LOL!
9. At the top right is an add for FREE ESTIMATES from a local paving company. Our driveway is one of two or three in the neighborhood made of concrete. Concrete heaves and buckles in 15 degree below temperatures. Ours is in need of repair. Just a subtle reminder to K. that I'd like that deathtrap of a driveway with about a 12% grade remedied. It would be nice before winter gets here...
10. Last, we have our collection of old match books from all over the country. I must confess, we did not collect all of these on our own. I bought a bunch of them at antique store in Aztec, New Mexico. An amusing fellow from Durango, Colorado was the proprietor. We enjoyed our visits with him.
That wraps it up from here. If I were to tag someone, perhaps it should be http://madnessinwomen.blogspot.com
How To Select The Best Roofing Service
1 day ago