Monday, August 18, 2008

But I luv 'em!

Around here pets rule. That's my life in a nutshell. A good portion of my day is spent feeding, grooming, lovin' on, tripping over, stumbling into, cleaning up after, or stepping in something they may leave behind(eeew!) I still haven't figured out which one urinated on the goose down cushion on my hundred year old sofa(although I've narrowed it down to three culprits, since the bird doesn't pee.) That's a mess that takes great skill to take care of. You'd never believe how many feathers are actually in a goose down cushion!!! The liner ripped during it's time in the dryer, after somehow surviving the gentle cycle in the washer. Lets just say that YEARS from now, habitants of this house will be wondering if we weren't processing poultry in our laundry room.

The REAL master of this colourful group of rag-tag orphans(all rescues) is Smudge; I'm sorry MISTER Smudge. He's our slightly Rubenesque, mostly white, longhair rag-doll mix kitteh. He IS the boss and don't you forget it. If a snack isn't immediately available upon his entry to the kitchen, heads will roll! Snack-time is pretty much at his whim, but usually begins with him doing jumping jacks on my head at 3:00 A.M. If I try to ignore his demands, the forced up-chucking will commence.
Why does this NEVER take place on the linoleum? It's one of The Great Mysteries of the World! Boy, does he have me trained. However, it's an ongoing battle to keep us lowly humans in line. You can just see the look of utter disdain in his eyes when I'm just not getting it. Sheesh; his work is NEVER done! Now, where's the catnip?

2 comments:

Q said...

I do remember when pets ruled here too. I have been pet free for about ten years now...just the pet spiders now in the basement. I still care for a few hundred birds and all sorts of bugs and four legged critters that come into the back yard. If I do not get bird seed out in a timely fashion the birds peck on the windows...
The animals love you....
Sherry

kkryno said...

I keep saying no more after this crew is gone; but then I've said that before. One thing is for sure; they all know I'm a sucker for a pretty face, or sad eyes, or a sore paw... ;)
Love, Vikki