Tuesday, May 12, 2009

It's Official!



Spring has sprung!

This rings true when the various fleets of street sweepers begin marching through the neighborhoods and buroughs. The dirt and dust from months of sanding to allow for traction now casts an unwanted cloud over the greater Anchorage area. The arrival of the sweepers is so celebrated that this event is usually the lead story on the evening news! I have to admit that I'm glad to see them this year too. The usual spring/summer Alaskan scurrying about is a sight for sore eyes.

I too, am ready for sunshine and gardening and relatives.

Well; I'm ready to make those preparations now. For all seven of them, at once!

AUUUGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!

Wish me luck!

13 comments:

splord said...

Thus begins the four weeks of bad sledding, right?

Oh, wait, that the UP of Michigan.

Yay for spring!

Doug and Amanda said...

Yay for Spring! Your spring is what we call winter here.

kkryno said...

Bob; that is funny!

Amanda; thanks for the beautiful Mother's Day post! :) XXOO

lisahgolden said...

I'm so glad you've got your spring! I hope the preparation for visitors is smooth and easy.

Renie Burghardt said...

Happy Spring, Vikki! How long of a gardening season do you have?

Huggies,

Renie

Steve said...

can Alaska hold seven more people? LOL

Q said...

Are the kids are coming???
You will have a house full of joy!
Sweeping is good....
Sherry

kkryno said...

Actually, this year it's seven of K.'s relatives; six of whom are staying for ten days. His Mom is staying on until October. She is so excited, as she hasn't seen us for a couple of years.

I'll accompany her back and then I'll get to see my kids.

:)

kkryno said...

Lisa, I am so glad to finally have my Spring, as I'm sure you can tell!

Renie, I think it's about 12-14 weeks of gardening time. Lots of people extend that with green houses, but our homeowner ass. does not allow those. Needless to say; I am pushing to relocate.

;)

Jess said...

So glad you have spring to pick you up! LOL

Sunshine is great.

Have a wonderful week

Lots of love to you
Jess

Betty said...

Thanks for visiting me today, Vikki, and the well wishes you expressed for me. I appreciate all the prayers.

violetlady said...

I always thought it would be fun to visit Alaska and, of course, my favorite tv show "Northern Exposure", made me want it even more. Of course that show wasn't even filmed in Alaska! Enjoy your Spring-Summer and your visiting family!! My sister is going on an Alaskan cruise in September. This has been a dream of hers forever.

SaoirseDaily2 said...

Happy Memorial Day! I have tagged you with a small meme where you add the last question. Come also and enter my contest. Hope you are enjoying your weekend. I will email you soon so we can catch up.